Skrill is one of the best online payment options because it’s fast and easy to use. Moreover, it is accepted on nearly all US-friendly sports betting sites. Since it began, Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) was one of the first e-wallet service providers to align itself with online betting. From then, it has established itself as a quality banking method for online sports betting. You can use it for shopping online to betting on the Super Bowl.
Because of its close relationship with online sportsbooks, Skrill has become a fast banking method for both deposits and withdrawals. This means lightning quick deposits while withdrawals take a few hours unlike other banking options which take a few days to be completed.
Furthermore, it does accept US dollars so there’s no need for conversion rates which end up costing you more.
BestUSSportsBetting.com has compiled a comprehensive guide on using the e-wallet for betting. Whether you are looking for the best sportsbooks accepting Skrill, learning how it works, or its pros and cons, we’ve got that covered.
What you’ll find in this Skrill betting guide:
- How to Create and Verify an Account
- Advantages of Using Skrill for Sports Betting
- Disadvantages of Using Skrill for Sports Betting
- Tips for Using Skrill Betting Sites
Best Bookies with Skrill
Below is a list of the best bookies that accept the e-wallet as a banking option.
It’s fairly straightforward to create and register an account. You no longer have to specify if the account is for gambling or non-gambling purposes. Let’s take a look at what American customers have to do to get their very own Skrill e-wallet.
- Visit the Skrill website and select ‘open a free account’.
- Make sure to read the terms and conditions then fill in your email address. This will act as your username.
- Fill in other required information and the optional identity verification process which lets you to send and receive higher amounts. You’ll be required to submit an ID photo, proof of address, and verify your bank account and debit or credit card.
- Once this is done, and your identity has been verified, you’re free to use your Skrill account.
Apart from having aligned itself with online betting from the get-go, there are other pros to using it as a betting method.
- Free and instant deposits on your sportsbook account.
- Can quickly place bets before odds adjust.
- Is accepted at nearly all US-friendly sports betting sites.
- Some bookmakers have exclusive betting promotions for its users. Check the bottom of your e-wallet account to check all the bookmakers that offer promos.
- Withdrawals are instant through the prepaid Skrill MasterCard.
- Low withdrawal fees.
- Extra security with mobile authentication.
- Excellent customer support that’s available 24/7.
However great something might seem, there are some disadvantages that come with it. Let’s take a look at those that come with it.
- Doing transactions between two Skrill accounts comes with a fee.
- For you to get and keep using the prepaid Skrill MasterCard, you’ll have to pay a yearly fee.
- E-wallets have been linked to suspicious behavior like arbitrage betting – taking advantage of pricing differences and placing of multiple bets to guarantee a profit despite the outcome. This is because you can withdraw your winnings instantly. To combat this, some sports betting sites try to place limits on maximum stakes placed with e-wallets.
See our guides for more sports betting banking methods:
Here are a few tips for using this virtual wallet at betting sites:
- Some bookies process Skrill withdrawals over the weekend as well. Check the site’s Ts and Cs for weekend withdrawal request.
- Sportsbooks work their salt also process withdrawals late at night. You can get your funds in your account even if you made the request after hours.
- Use your e-wallet account as a secondary account that you only do your betting with. This will help you manage your finances a lot easier. Furthermore, you don’t have to worry if the bank will decline to process your deposit into your betting account.
Skrill is a brilliant and trusted e-wallet that work extremely well for online sports betting.