Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Predictions & Odds 11/8/19
In tonight Atlantic Division clash, it’s the Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings. The Bruins head into tonight’s game after suffering a very close 5-4 loss to the Montreal Canadiens. They were a very hard team to beat which is understandable considering how good of a season the Canadiens are having. Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask had one of his toughest nights, allowing in 5 goals out of 31 shots.
Boston’s record currently stands at 11-2-2 on the season. They had a six-game winning streak before facing the formidable Canadiens.
The Detroit Red Wings will be facing the Eastern Conference defending champs at their home stadium in Little Caesars Arena. In their most recent game, the Red Wings suffered a huge loss 5-1 to the New York Rangers. Their only goal came from Valtteri Filppula. Meanwhile, their goalie Jimmy Howard seemed unable to keep the puck out of the net. He allowed 5 goals on 30 of New York’s shots.
Detroit’s record is currently 4-12-1 and they are dead last in the Atlantic Division. They’re riding out a four-game losing streak.
Will the Bruins bounce back or will the Red Wings finally catch some air and win one?
Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Predictions
Before we give our thoughts on the game, let’s look at some key stats and facts about the Bruins and Red Wings.
- Boston is currently first in Atlantic Division standings with a 11-2-2 record.
- They have a total of 56 goals which ranks them 3rd in the NHL and 2nd in the Eastern Conference.
- In terms of goal differential, they are ranked 1st in the league with +21.
- In total, the Bruins have 264 hits which averages 17.6 per game.
- They have a total of 133 blocks so far this year.
- It seems Tuukka Rask will be the starting goalie. His record is strong at 7-1-1 and a goals against average of 1.88 making him the second-best goalie in the NHL. He’s let through 17 goals and has a .936 save percentage.
- Boston’s injury report has five players: Brett Ritchie, Charlie McAvoy, David Backes, Par Lindholm, and Joakim Nordstrom.
- On the other side of the ice, Detroit is last in Atlantic Division standings with a 4-12-1 record.
- Their goal differential ranks them 31st in the league with -33.
- Detroit’s racked up a total of 35 goals for this season, placing them at number 15 in the Eastern Conference.
- Defensively, the Red Wings have a save percentage of .879 which isn’t bad for a team that’s 29th in the league.
- Goalie for Detroit is Jimmy Howard who’s been having a tough time this season. He’s given up 35 goals in total, averaging 3.99 goals per game. This makes him the 45th ranked goalie in the NHL. Howard’s save percentage is currently sitting at .887.
- Detroit’s injury report has two players: Trevor Daley and Mike Green.
So, looking at the overall performance of the team, the Detroit Red Wings don’t inspire much confidence, especially against division leaders the Bruins. The Red Wings are having a hard time scoring and a much harder time finding the back of the net.
Our pick: Boston Bruins spread bet. They tend to cover 73.3% of the time.
Bruins vs. Red Wings Odds
|Detroit Red Wings||+236||+239||+225||+215||3.35||+230|
|Boston Bruins||-1.5 (-115)||-1.5 (-115)||-1.5 (-115)||-1.5 (-115)||-1.5 (1.90)||-1.5 (-115)|
|Detroit Red Wings||+1.5 (-105)||+1.5 (-105)||+1.5 (-105)||+1.5 (-105)||+1.5 (1.90)||+1.5 (-105)|
|Boston Bruins||Ov 6 (-110)||Ov 6 (-110)||Ov 6 (-120)||Ov 6 (-120)||Ov 6 (1.83)||Ov 6 (-120)|
|Detroit Red Wings||Un 6 (+100)||Un 6 (+100)||Un 6 (+100)||Un 6 (Even)||Un 6 (2.00)||Un 6 (+100)|
Place Your Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Bets Here:
Watch highlights from the last time the Bruins played the Red Wings.