In tonight’s interconference clash, it’s the Columbus Blue Jackets at Los Angeles Kings. The Columbus Blue Jackets come into tonight’s game off a 3-2 loss to the San Jose Sharks. This broke their two-game winning streak. Their offense left a lot to be desired in the game against the Sharks, scoring two points off on the 23 shots they tried. Additionally, they had two power plays which didn’t yield any success.
On the other hand, the Los Angeles Kings are also coming into this game off a 4-1 loss to the Nashville Predators. This marks their third loss out of their last five games. Much like the Blue Jackets, the Kings have been continually struggling to find their rhythm on offense.
Let’s take a look at some key stats.
Blue Jackets vs Kings Statistics
Before we give our thoughts on the game, let’s look at some key metrics:
Columbus Blue Jackets
- Columbus’ current record is 19-15 and they rank 6th in the Metropolitan Division.
- They have a total of 109 goals, ranking them 28th in the NHL (14th in the Eastern Conference).
- They’ve made 1,381 shots at the opposing goalie, which is the 10th highest in the league.
- The Blue Jackets averages 20.6 hits per game (18th in the NHL).
- In terms of their defense, the Blue Jackets have a total of 558 blocks.
- Goalie Elvis Merzlikins has spent 653 minutes minding the goal. He’s conceding an average of 2.94 goals per game, ranking 36th in the NHL among goaltenders. Furthermore, his save percentage is at .904, ranking 44th in the league.
Los Angeles Kings
- The Los Angeles Kings have a season record of 17-22-4 and they currently rank 7th in the Pacific Division.
- They have a total of 110 goals which ranks 27th in the league and 14th in the Western Conference.
- The Kings have made 1,443 shots on goal, ranking them 3rd in the NHL.
- Los Angeles averages 20.7 hits per game (17th in the league).
- In terms of defense, the Kings have a team save percentage of .890 which ranks them 29th in the NHL.
- Goaltender for the Kings is Jonathan Quick. He’s currently having a tough season. In his 1,672 minutes on the ice, he’s allowed in 85 goals and concedes an average of 3.05 goals per game, ranking 47th in the league. Lastly, his save percentage is .894, ranking him 63rd in the NHL.
Taking all these stats into consideration it’s rather tough calling it. Both teams have a struggling offense and in terms of statistics, they’re not too far off each other. However, we think that the Los Angeles Kings’ defense is weaker than Columbus’. Should the Blue Jackets manage to beef up their offense, then they may have a chance. Furthermore, the last time they met which was less than a month ago, the Blue Jackets snagged a close victory.
Our pick: Over/Under bet on the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Columbus Blue Jackets at Los Angeles Kings Odds
|Columbus Blue Jackets||-105||-105||-105||-105||-110||-105|
|Los Angeles Kings||-105||-105||-115||-115||-110||-115|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||+1.5 (-260)||+1.5 (-260)||+1.5 (-270)||+1.5 (-270)||+1.5 (-265)||+1.5 (-270)|
|Los Angeles Kings||-1.5 (+220)||-1.5 (+220)||-1.5 (+220)||-1.5 (+220)||-1.5 (+225)||-1.5 (+220)|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||Ov 2.5 (-125)||Ov 5.5 (+113)||Ov 5.5 (+105)||Ov 5.5 (+105)||Ov 5.5 (+105)||On 5.5 (+105)|
|Los Angeles Kings||Ov 2.5 (-125||Un 5.5 (-125)||Un 5.5 (-125)||Un 5.5 (-125)||Un 5.5 (-125)||Un 5.5 (-125)|
Find the Best Columbus Blue Jackets at Los Angeles Kings Bets Here:
Watch highlights from the last time the Blue Jackets played the Kings.