Aqueduct Racetrack Betting Guide
The Aqueduct Racetrack in one of New York’s big three thoroughbred racetracks, and one of America’s best. Also known as the Big A, it’s both a turf and dirt racetrack attract a lot of events, and therefore bettors, from across the country. Betting on events at the Aqueduct racetrack is very lucrative and worthwhile.
Let’s take a look at the best sports betting sites featuring events at the Big A, entries and free picks, tips, and noteworthy results over the years.
Enthusiasts of horse racing betting no longer have to leave the comfort of their homes to place bets in the New York October to April frigid temperatures. There are great online sportsbooks accepting bets on the Aqueduct Racetrack. You’ll find some of the best online betting sites here on BestUSSportsBetting.com. They offer the best bonuses, odds, and loyalty programs for regular bettors.
Recommended Aqueduct Racing Events Sportsbooks
What you’ll find in this Aqueduct Racetrack guide:
- Aqueduct Entries
- Best Free Picks at the Aqueduct Racetrack
- Aqueduct Racetrack Results Over the Years
Action takes place at this racetrack between October and April. It features the most events of any other racetrack in New York. Considered to be one of the best betting venues, its only downside is that its racing season is in winter. This effects crowd turn out and experiencing the on-track excitement. Thanks to the growth of online betting, horse race betting on Aqueduct Racetrack events is now accessible and possible.
There are five marquee races that take place at the Big A for you to bet on. Let’s take a quick look at each of them:
- Cigar Mile: for horses older than three. This grade one race is usually held on the Saturday after Thanksgiving in late November. The Cigar Mile gives credentials to stallions who are about to retire.
- Wood Memorial: this is also another grade one event held April. It pits the nation’s top three-year old stallions against each other who are competing for a spot in the Kentucky Derby.
- Carter Handicap: a race for grade one horses that’s held in early April. It’s a dirt turf race for stallions that are three years and older.
- Gazelle Stakes: this race is open to grade two three-year-old fillies. The event takes place in early April and is considered the stepping stone to the Breeders’ Cup Distaff race.
- Gotham Stakes: this grade two event is held in early March. This race is the final local preparation for the Wood Memorial and the official prep race for the Kentucky Derby.
Before betting, you need to keep in mind that tracks have biases and tendencies that can be used as an advantage in picking horses. The Aqueduct Racetrack has a layout with two dirt tracks that have an inner and outer shape. The outer shape is used for races during the colder months of December to March. On the other hand, the inner course is easy for horses with early speed or those that gain momentum from the gate and can maintain it throughout the run. Keep these things in mind when it comes to picking your runner.
Best Big A Racetrack Bets
Let’s look at some of the most notable bets US horse racing bettors can place at the Aqueduct. The Aqueduct Racetrack often gives great multi-race payouts as results, especially in the Pick 4 and Pick 6 pools. These are:
- Pick 4 pool: the point of this bet is to pick the winner of four consecutive races.
- Pick 6 pool: in this bet you must choose the winner of six consecutive races.
A great thing about this type of bet is its structure. It includes:
- Bettors building tickets using multiple horses in each race.
- If a bettor uses four horses in one race, only one of the horses needs to win to keep the ticket moving along to the next bet.
- The more horses on a ticket, the more the bet costs. Players can calculate the total cost of a wager by multiplying the base bet by the number of horses in each leg.
Read more guides on the most popular racetracks in America below:
There are many legendary horses that have pounded around the Big A. Cigar, who the Cigar Mile was named after, won in 1994 when it was still the New York Racing Association (NYRA) Mile. Cigar had racked up 16 consecutive wins which earned him legendary status in the US horse racing world.