Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Sprint Betting Guide USA
The Filly and Mare Sprint leg of the Breeders’ Cup sets apart the fastest female horses from the rest. Unlike the traditional sprint horse race that’s six furlongs, the Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare sprint is seven furlongs. Open to fillies and mares that are three years and older, this Weight for Age race pits the toughest and fastest thoroughbreds against each other. In this assigned weight race, the winner gets to take home a USD1 million purse.
Since its inauguration in the expanded Breeders’ Cup in 2007, the Filly and Mare Sprint has been held at left-handed dirt tracks across the United States. With the race being open to North American runners only, it’s a year-end championship to see which state has the fastest horse. The 2020 race will be held at the beginning of November at the historical Keeneland race course.
American bettors love betting on the Filly and Mare Sprint race. It’s usually part of the rolling daily double and pick three betting options. However, bettors can sometimes find it in the pick four and pick six sequences.
Best US Online Racebooks
Looking for US racebooks with Filly and Mare betting lines? Then check out our recommended sites below.
What you’ll find in this Filly and Mare Sprint guide:
For the Breeders’ Cup, “The Breeders’ Cup Challenge” was developed. It is a series in which each division has fixed qualifying bids that it gives to winners of specific races. Known as the “Win and You’re In” races, each division has between three and 12 of these qualifying bids. For the Filly and Mare Sprint division, there are three automatic berths races. So far, the 2019 races are the:
- Ballerina Stakes, a Grade 1 race held at the Saratoga Race Course, New York.
- Princess Rooney Handicap, a Grade 2 race run at the Gulfstream Park, Florida.
- Thoroughbred Club of American Stakes, which is a Grade 2 event at the Keeneland Race Course, Kentucky.
As mentioned earlier, the Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Sprint event is usually found within the following bets:
- Daily double: this involves a simple exotic bet where you the exact order for up to four finishing positions. This is done for two consecutive races.
- The Pick 3: this is the version of a daily double that involves picking winners for three consecutive races.
- Pick 4: here the US bettor is picking the winners of four back-to-back races.
- Pick 6: you’re picking six horses to win six consecutive races.
For more Breeders’ Cup Races, check out the following guides:
Here are the previous winners of the Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Sprint race.
|2018||Shamrock Rose||3||Irad Ortiz Jr.|
|2017||Bar of Gold||5||Irad Ortiz Jr.|
|2016||Finest City||4||Mike Smith|
|2015||Wavell Avenue||4||Joel Rosario|
|2014||Judy the Beauty||5||Mike Smith|
|2013||Groupie Doll||5||Rajiv Maragh|
|2012||Groupie Doll||4||Rajiv Maragh|
|2011||Musical Romance||4||Juan Leyva|
|2010||Dubai Majesty||5||Jamie Theriot|
|2009||Informed Decision||4||Julien Leparoux|