Del Mar Race Track Betting Guide
Established in 1937, the Del Mar race track betting has been home to live horse racing action for fans. Based in Del Mar, California, it is the second biggest horse racing track in the US with a 44,000-audience capacity. The Del Mar race track has a long and rich history, and hosts some big-name races.
The track was built by a partnership including actors Bing Crosby, Pat O’Brien, Gary Cooper, Joe E. Brown, and businessman Charles S. Howard. It’s known for having catchy slogans such as “Where the Turf Meets the Surf” and “Cool as Ever”.
Found at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, the horse racing track is a 1-mile-long track that holds races run counter-clockwise. The turf and dirt course holds a number of thoroughbred grade 1 races which have great betting odds. The races include:
- Bing Crosby Stakes
- Clement L. Hirsch Stakes
- Del Mar Oaks
- Pacific Classic
- Del Mar Debutante
- Eddie Read Stakes
- Del Mar Futurity
Let’s take a look Del Mar race track betting below.
Best Horse Racing Betting Sportsbooks
For those that want to take part in Del Mar race track betting but don’t live in California, check out our sports betting sites. They have some of the best US-friendly racebooks where you’ll find the best betting odds.
What you’ll find in this Del Mar race track betting guide:
If you can’t make it to California to place bets on races at the Del Mar, there’s online racebooks that offer some great bets. For Del Mar race track betting, the track’s site offers live betting and live simulcast on TV. Therefore, this means that US bettors can take part in races.
The Del Mar’s site also offers bettors some handy tools for betting online. There’s a pick calculator and a Del Mar online handicapping contest that’s free to play. This helps you practice your handicapping skills to make you a better horse racing bettor.
Don’t know how to place a bet? Let’s look at how US bettors can place bets on races at the Del Mar:
- Have your cash or voucher ready.
- Know what’s your race track name and number.
- Place your wager at your chosen sportsbook and enter the amount you want to bet.
- Pick the horse or horses you want to bet on.
You’ll find all of this information at your sportsbook or find a program on the race available at the race track’s site.
Read our guides on the most popular racetracks in America below:
Before you start with the betting, there are lots of wagering types that you can chose. You can pick the following:
- Win: betting on which horse will come first.
- Place: you’re betting on if your horse comes first or second.
- Show: your bet wins if you come in first, second, or third.
- Exacta: picking the first two horses to finish in the exact order in one race.
- Trifecta: choosing the first three horses to finish in the exact order in a single race.
- Superfecta: picking the first four horses to finish in that exact order.
The racing season at Del Mar runs from July to December every year. The first season runs from July to September, with the second season from November to December. The first season race track schedule races have been set. The 2020 summer season, from July to September, are:
- July 18 – Season Opening Day
- August 22 – TVG Pacific Classic
The second season opens on November 8.