Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 5 Predictions & Odds 10/18/19
Today, we’re moving into Game 5 of the American League Championship Series (ALCS). The Houston Astros at New York Yankees game is one that’s quite different from what people expected. We’re now on the brink of the Astros possibly winning the AL and moving onto the World Series for the second time in three years. Currently, they lead the series 3-1. The Yankees only managesd a solitary win in Game 1 in Houston.
The Houston Astros at New Yankees is the third straight game in New York. And the Astros have been silencing fans. Game 5 is a seriously exciting one: this is the last chance the Yankees can save their World Series prospects; while the Astros could be playing in the final soon.
Houston Astros at New York Yankees Predictions
Let’s take a look at some of the team stats going into Game 5.
- Astros have decisively won two straight games at Yankees Stadium. They used some of their best pitchers to gain the 3-1 lead and only need to win one more game.
- The Astros will be starting Justin Verlander. He’s allowed two runs over a total of 6.2 innings, strong road season stats of 11-2, and posted a 2.82 ERA.
- On the other hand, the New York Yankees are starting James Paxton. they’re replacing Masahiro Tanaka after a disappointing Game 4 performance against the Astros. Paxton has an overall record of 15-6 with a 3.82 ERA. His home game record is at 7-3 with a 3.35 ERA.
- The absence of Giancarlo Stanton has been felt in the Yankees’ line-up.
Our predictions for the Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 5 are leaning towards the Astros (can you blame us?). They’ve been dominating their time in New York. On the other hand, the Yankees are playing for their very lives but we doubt it’s enough.
Brenda’s pick: Houston Astros and avoid the spread.
Watch highlights from Game 4:
- Astros Take ALCS Lead Against Yankees in Game 4 Win
- Tampa Bay Lightning at Boston Bruins Predictions & Odds 10/17/19
- Los Angeles Chargers at Tennessee Titans Predictions & Odds 10/20/19
- NFL Week 7 Power Rankings for Every Team Playing
- Fantasy Football Rankings Week 7