Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Predictions & Odds 10/25/19
In Game 3 of the 2019 World Series, it’s the Houston Astros at Washington Nationals. The Nationals have dominated the series so far, coming in with a 2-0 record, having won Game 2 12-3. They’ll be looking to extend their winning streak to three tonight playing at home.
On the other hand, the Houston Astros are currently dealing with a winless run this series and their camp is dealing with a scandal. The Astros are looking to rebound in this game after starter Justin Verlander had a hard time and gave up 4 earned runs in 6 innings.
Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Predictions
Before we get into predictions and odds on the Astros vs. Nationals match-up, let’s take a look at key stats:
- Even tough Verlander struggled against the Nationals, Alex Bregman gave a solid performance from the plate for the Astros contributing 1 homerun and 2 RBIs.
- For Game 3, the Astros will be starting Zack Greinke who has a 6.43 ERA. The last time he started, Greinke gave up 1 earned run in 4.1 innings against the New York Yankees.
- During Game 2 against the Astros, Nationals’ Stephan Strasburg started and was successful, giving up 2 earned runs in 6 innings.
- Asdrubal Cabrera performed pretty well from the plate, going 2 for 5 with 3 RBIs.
- The Nationals will be starting with Anibal Sanchez whose ERA is 0.71 and has 7.2 scoreless innings while giving up 1 hit the last time he played. However, he has struggled in 15 home starts this season, posting a 4.24 ERA.
- In games following off days, the Astros are 23-5 while the Nationals are 13-14.
So, with these stats in mind, we’ll be going with the Washington Nationals. They’re the underdogs that have risen to the top. They’ve gone from Wild Card to being two games up in the World Series. While both teams have good pitching staffs, the Astros have been struggling. Furthermore, Soto, Kendrick, and Rendon have been showing the Astros flames with the bat. They’ll be batting at home against a pitcher who has a 6.43 ERA.
Our pick: Washington Nationals moneyline bet.
Astros vs. Nationals Top Sportsbooks Odds
Below are the odds for the Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Game 3.
|Houston Astros||-1.5 (+117)||-1.5 (+117)||-1.5 (+115)||-1.5 (+120)||-1.5 (2.20)||-1.5 (+115)|
|Washington Nationals||+1.5 (-137)||+1.5 (-137)||+1.5 (-135)||+1.5 (-140)||+1.5 (1.71)||+1.5 (-135)|
|Houston Astros||Ov 8 (-110)||Ov 8 (-110)||Ov 8 (-115)||Ov 8 (-120)||Ov 8 (1.90)||Ov 8 (-115)|
|Washington Nationals||Un 8 (-110)||Un 8 (-110)||Un 8 (-105)||Un 8 (even)||Un 8 (1.90)||Un 8 (-105)|
Place Your Bets Here
Watch highlights from the 2019 World Series Astros vs. Nationals Game 2
- Patriots Defense Deserves to Be the NFL’s MVP
- 2019 World Series Championship: Who Will Win?
- Astros Take ALCS Lead Against Yankees in Game 4 Win
- William Hill is in the US Market with New NBA Deal
- Steelers Win Against a Hapless Bengals