Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns Predictions & Odds 11/12/19
Some of the Western Conference’s top teams face off tonight in this Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns match up. The Lakers will be looking to get back on their hot streak at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona.
Even after losing to the Toronto Raptors, Los Angeles’ 7-2 record is still one of the best in the Western Conference. Their seven-game winning streak was broken by the Raptors, losing 113-104 on Sunday. Star players LeBron James and Anthony Davis weren’t able to prevent the stronger Toronto team from overwhelming them. Davis managed to score 27 points while James recorded 13 points, 15 assists, and 13 rebounds.
The last game the Phoenix Suns played was also on Sunday and they managed a convincing 138-112 win against the Brooklyn Nets. Shooting guard Devin Booker was a fan favorite and managed to score 27 points. So, which one of these top two Pacific Division teams will emerge the winner tonight?
Los Angeles at Phoenix Suns Predictions
Let’s take at some key team metrics going into the game.
- The Los Angeles Lakers recently recorded their first loss after a seven-game winning streak.
- They average 108.4 points per game this season, ranking them 20th in the NBA.
- Their scoring margin is at 8.3 and shooting percentage is 46% as a team, which ranks them 9th in the league.
- The Lakers rank 26th in the league for 3-pointers, shooting 31% of the time from behind the arc.
- Offensively, they rank 12th for rebounds (46.6 per game) and 8th for assists (25.1 per game).
- Defensively, Los Angeles allows 100.1 points in per game, putting them 3rd overall in the NBA. Furthermore, they also allow a 42% shooting percentage and a 30% 3-pointer average, ranking 5th and 3rd
- The Phoenix Suns have a 6-3 record, recording surprising wins over strong teams like the LA Clippers and Philadelphia 76ers, and held their own despite losing against elite teams like the Denver Nuggets.
- In terms of scoring, the Suns rank 5th in the league with 116.8 points per game.
- They have a score margin of 7.8 and are shooting at 48%, placing them 1st in the NBA.
- Phoenix shoots 38% of the time from the 3-point range, making them the 4th best team in the NBA.
- Looking at their offense metrics, they are 26th in the league in rebounding with 42.9 boards per game. Furthermore, they rank 1st in assists per game with 28.1.
- Defensively, the Suns surrender an average of 109.0 point per game, putting them in 14th place in the league. They allow a 45% shooting percentage and a 34% average from the arc. This ranks them 14th and 11th in the NBA respectively.
With all this in mind, how do we think the game will go? Well, it will be interesting to see how the Suns will fair against the Lakers in terms of shooting at the arc. They’ve scored 11 or more 3-point shots in seven straight games which is a franchise record.
However, the Lakers are quite good at blocking 3-pointer shots, allowing just 29.3 per game, ranking 3rd in the NBA. But the Los Angeles Lakers’ Anthony Davis re-injuring his shoulder on Sunday, he’s listed as probable. Davis is a key figure in the Lakers team and without him we worry they’ll struggle against the Phoenix Suns.
Our pick: Phoenix Suns
Lakers vs. Suns Betting Odds
|Los Angeles Lakers||–||–||-130||-135||–||-130|
|Los Angeles Lakers||-2 (-114)||-2 (-114)||-2 (-110)||-2 (-110)||-2 (1.90)||-2 (-110)|
|Phoenix Suns||+2 (-106)||+2 (-106)||+2 (-110)||+2 (110)||+2 (1.90)||+2 (-110)|
|Los Angeles Lakers||Ov 217 (-110)||Ov 217 (-110)||Ov 217 (-110)||Ov 217 (-110)||Ov 217 (1.90)||Ov 217 (-110)|
|Phoenix Suns||Un 217 (-110)||Un 217 (-110)||Un 217 (-110)||Un 217 (-110)||Un 217 (1.90)||Un 217 (-110)|
Watch highlights from the last time it was the Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns.