New Orleans Pelicans at Toronto Raptors Predictions & Odds 10/22/19
The NBA regular season kicks off with the New Orleans Pelicans at Toronto Raptors. The Pelicans will be meeting the defending NBA champions at the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario.
Even though it may be the first game of the season, the Pelicans have something to prove playing against the current league champions. They’re hoping to replicate their 4-game win streak start they had in 2018’s NBA season.
On the other side of the court, the Toronto Raptors have a different line-up to last year’s championship line-up. With Kawhi Leonard now playing for the Los Angeles Clippers, other Raptors players will have to fill the gap. However, they managed to go 17-5 without Leonard on the line-up so it’s a possibility they may not miss his presence on the court.
New Orleans Pelicans at Toronto Pelicans Stats & Predictions
Let’s take a look at some stats for the upcoming game:
- Even though they had a good start, the Pelicans finished their season 33-49.
- Their projected line-up is: Lonzo Ball, Derrick Favors, Jrue Holiday, Brandon Ingram, and JJ Reddick.
- Number 11 Jrue Holiday averaged 21.2 points per game (PPG) and nearly 8 assists per game (APG) last season.
- High draft pick Zion Williamson is on the bench with a torn meniscus, so the Pelicans are without their top player. Hopefully, he’ll recover soon and join the line-up.
- Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry enters a 5th season with the team.
- The Toronto Raptors finished with a season record of 58-24 and won the NBA championship.
- Their projected line-up is: OG Anunoby, Marc Gasol, Kyle Lowry, Norman Powell, and Pascal Siakam.
- Number 43 Pascal Siakam enters the season with almost 17 PPG. While number 7 Kyle Lowry averaged 8.7 APG last season.
- Nick Nurse starts his second season as Raptors coach.
So, let’s take a look at some New Orleans Pelicans at Toronto Raptors predictions:
- Considering their performance in the preseason, we suspect that this is going to be a high scoring game, going over the total.
- With the Pelicans playing without Williamson, and the Toronto Raptors doing fine offensively without Leonard, we think that the Raptors will win and cover 116-102.
Pelicans vs. Raptors 10/22/19 Odds
|New Orleans Pelicans||+7 (-110)||+7 (-110)||+7 (-110)||+7 (-110)||+7 1.90||-7 (-110)|
|Toronto Raptors||-7 (-110)||-7 (-110)||-7 (-110)||-7 (-110)||-7 1.90||-7 (-110)|
|New Orleans Pelicans||+240||+240||+240||+240||3.50||+240|
|New Orleans Pelicans||Ov 232 (-110)||Ov 232 (-110)||Ov 231.5 (-110)||Ov 231 (-115)||Ov 232.5 (1.90)||Ov 231.5 (-110)|
|Toronto Raptors||Un 232 (-110)||Un 232 (-110)||Un 231.5 (-110)||Un 231 (-105)||Un 232.5 (1.90)||Un 231.5 (-110)|
Watch the highlights from the Pelicans at Raptors game:
Check out other top US sports news:
- 2019 World Series Championship: Who Will Win?
- Fantasy Football Week 8 Defense Rankings
- Astros Take ALCS Lead Against Yankees in Game 4 Win