New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 12/9/19
Week 14 will end off with the New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles in a good NFC East NFL matchup. Both teams have had very disappointing seasons, and at this point, there is no chance of the Giants making it to the playoffs. The Eagles still have a chance of doing so though. The G-Men come into this game off a loss against the Green Bay Packers that saw them lose starting quarterback Daniel Jones to injury (although this may be a blessing in disguise given his trouble giving away the ball throughout the season).
The Eagles, who were poised to have a good season at the start of the year, come into this game in need of a big win. Especially, after losing against the Miami Dolphins last week – the team thought to be the worst in history at the beginning of the season. They will also need to ensure that they win every game en route to the playoffs if they are to make it through. Much criticism has been levelled against quarterback Carson Wentz, but will he be able to lead the team to a win over the struggling Giants?
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles Predictions
Well, before we have a look at the predictions, here are some stats regarding the Giants and Eagles players need to consider:
- The New York Giants come into this game on an eight-game losing streak. They have not won a game since September despite playing many other struggling teams, such as the New York Jets and the Arizona Cardinals. In their last match against the Green Bay Packers, they kept up for the first three quarters, but collapsed in the final moments, letting Aaron Rodgers throw for two touchdowns.
- Veteran quarterback Eli Manning will be starting for the Giants following Jones being out with injury. This will be his first start since Week 2 against the Buffalo Bills, where he threw for a touchdown and two interceptions. Overall, Manning is two-time Super Bowl MVP but many feel his form is declining. He is quite famous for pulling upsets in big games, but there is not all that much to play for here other than reputation.
- The Philadelphia Eagles come into this game on a three-game losing streak. Their last matchup saw them lose against the Miami Dolphins in what was a relatively close game. Although the Eagles have been struggling this season, this was expected to be a blowout game for them.
- Eagles fans have been very critical of Carson Wentz, but he has still put in an above-average performance this season when matched against other quarterbacks in the league. This year so far, he has thrown for 2840 yards and 20 touchdowns against seven interceptions. In his last game, he logged three touchdowns against one interception and a total of 310 yards.
- Statistically, the Eagles outrank the Giants in every single offensive and defensive stat. Key highlights include thirds down percentage (offensive) where the Eagles rank fifth and rushing yards allowed, where they rank third in the league.
With all this said, here are our betting predictions for New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Eagles. Manning is a bit of an unpredictable element in this one, but given his performance in his two games at the beginning of the season, it doesn’t seem as if the Giants are going to be able to get one over the Eagles here.
- Spread – although we think the Eagles are going to win, they are struggling. We think that the Giants are going to make this a close game, so we’d go for +9.5 Giants line.
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles Odds
Watch highlights from the last time the Giants played the Eagles.