Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Team Profile
Based in the Jacksonville, Florida, the Jacksonville Jaguars are an NFL team in the AFC South division. Comparatively, the Jaguars are a fairly young team in the National Football League. They were established in 1993 and played their first season in 1995 under the now obsolete AFC Central division.
The team was added to the league after the NFL announced plans to add two teams in 1995. This was the second time the league was expanded, with the first time being in 1976 when they added the Seattle Seahawks and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Some general information about the Jaguars:
- The team’s logo is a jaguar and the team’s colors are black, gold, and teal.
- Jaxson de Ville, a shades-wearing yellow and teal jaguar is their mascot.
- The Jaguars play their home games at the TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, Florida.
- One of their main rivals are the Carolina Panthers who were the other expansion team added to the NFL in 1995.
Let’s take a look at the Jaguars performance history and the betting odds behind the team.
Best Jacksonville Jaguars Sportsbooks
What you’ll find in this Jacksonville Jaguars guide:
The Jaguars got off to a great start in their division, winning two division championships in 1998 and 1999. Then in 2002, the NFL realigned the league and placed the Jacksonville Jaguars in their current South division in the American Football Conference. They won the AFC South division championship in 2017 and have qualified for the playoffs seven times.
- In 1996, they made it up to the AFC Championship level but lost to the New England Patriots.
- They failed to make it past the Wild Card playoffs in 1997 against the Denver Broncos.
- In 1998, they failed to qualify for the AFC Championship against the New York Jets.
- The Jaguars went on to lose against the Tennessee Titans in the 1999 AFC Championship.
- They failed to get past the Wild Card playoffs in 2005 against the New England Patriots.
- In 2007, they got up to the Divisional playoffs losing again to the New England Patriots.
- After a 10 year dry-season, the Jacksonville Jaguars made it up to the AFC Championships, losing for the fourth time to the Patriots.
Read more about the teams in the AFC South division:
After returning from a decade long absence, the Jaguars earned themselves the nickname Sacksonville. This was after their stellar performance by their defense during the 2017 season. They recorded 55 quarterback takedowns. Additionally, they’ve got Leonard Fournette as their running back, helping stabilize their offense. Oddsmakers are optimistic about their divisional performance, giving them a +174 odds to win the AFC South and +805 to win the AFC Championship. But the Jacksonville Jaguars have yet to lift the Super Bowl trophy and the odds, according to sportsbooks are at a +1803.