Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets Predictions & Odds 11/18/19
In tonight’s interconference clash, it’s the Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets. The Trail Blazers have a 5-8 record and are coming off a 121-116 win against the San Antonio Spurs. The leading scorer in that match for the Trail Blazers was CJ McCollum. He got a total of 32 points, 6 rebounds, and 7 assists. They were 42 of 93 from the floor, for 45%. The team scored a total of 13 3-pointers which overshadowed the 5 from the Spurs. However, Portland is plagued with injuries. Will they be able to continue their eight-game winning streak against Houston tonight?
The Houston Rockets are riding on a seven-game winning streak and are looking to extend it to eight. With a record of 10-3, they are leading in the Southwest Division. The Rockets are coming off a 125-105 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves, and James Harden kept on finding the back of the board. He scored a total of 49 points and had 5 rebounds and 6 assists. Their shot from the floor percentage was at 46% and 39% were from the deep. Furthermore, they scored 7 goals from beyond the arc. Will Harden be able to break through Portland’s defense and keep up with his prolific scoring?
Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets Predictions
So, before we pick who we think is the better team, let’s take a look at some key statistics about each NBA team.
Trail Blazers Stats
- They rank 11th in the league in terms of points per game, with an average of 112.8.
- Portland’s scoring margin is -1.2 and they have a 44% team shooting percentage. They rank 23rd in the league for this. In terms of shooting 3-pointers, they are at 36% and 12th in the league.
- Furthermore, they rank 12th and 30th for rebounds per game (46.5) and assists per game (17.8). and, they average 14.5 turnovers per game.
- Defensively, the Blazers allow 114.1 points per game, ranking them 21st in the league. Furthermore, they also allow a 44% shooting percentage and 34% from behind the arc, ranking 11th in both categories.
- In relation to rebounds and assists Portland allows, it’s an average of 48.2 (rank 27th) and 23.1 (10th in the NBA) respectively. They manage to force an average of 14.4 turnovers per game, putting them 5th in the NBA.
- Injury report: Zach Collins is out.
- Houston is placed 2nd in the league with 118.5 points per game. Their shooting percentage is at 44% (24th in the league) and they have an average scoring margin of 4.4. The Rockets find the net from behind the arc 34% of the time, which is good for a team that’s in 19th position for this.
- They are 11th in the league in rebounds with 46.5 per game, 26th in assists with a 20.8 average, and are 20th in turnovers per game with 15.2.
- Defensively, Houston allows a 46% shooting percentage and allows 3-pointers 36% of the time, ranking them 15th and 16th
- In terms of assists allowed per game, they rank 24th with 25.2 and rank 25th with rebounds surrendered per game at 48.
- When it comes to forcing turnovers, they are 21st in the NBA with 16.1 per game.
- Injury report: Gerald Green and Eric Gordon are out.
While the Portland Trail Blazers signed Carmelo Anthony, he won’t be playing in tonight’s game. Both Portland and Houston have a low ranking defense in terms of points allowed, both teams average over 112 points per game, and both have a high 3-point shooting percentage. However, we think that the Trail Blazers are going to have a hard time stopping Harden. It’s going to be our favorite type of game – a close one that’s high scoring.
Our Pick – Totals Over Bet: Even though we’re rooting for Houston here, we think the scoreboard will be over.
Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets Odds
|Portland Trail Blazers||+220||+220||+220||–||–||+220|
|Portland Trail Blazers||+6.5 (-110)||+6.5 (-110)||+6.5 (-110)||+3 (Even)||+6.5 (-110)||+6.5 (-110)|
|Houston Rockets||-6.5 (-110)||-6.5 (-110)||-6.5 (-110)||-3 (-120)||-6.5 (-110)||-6.5 (-110)|
|Portland Trail Blazers||Ov 231.5 (-110)||Ov 231.5 (-110)||Ov 231.5 (-110)||Ov 111.5 (-110)||–||Ov 231.5 (-110)|
|Houston Rockets||Un 231.5 (-110)||Un 231.5 (-110)||Un 231.5 (-110)||Un 111.5 (-110)||–||Un 231.5 (-110)|
Watch highlights from the last time it was the Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets.
Find the Best Odds Here
For the latest US sports news and betting odds, keep it here at BestUSSportsBetting.com.