Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Predictions & Odds 10/24/19
In tonight’s week 8 game, it’s the Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings. The Redskins will be playing at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
In their last game, the Redskins gave a pretty good defensive performance against the San Francisco 49ers. They managed to hold them to 9 points throughout the game. However, their offensive line fell short and failed to score any points. Adrian Peterson and Case Keenum will be back at their former home ground as they travel to Minnesota.
On the other hand, the Vikings are looking to extend their three-game winning streak after beating the Detroit Lions 42-30 on the road. This will be the first time Kirk Cousins will be playing against his former team.
Let’s take a look at the stats going into the Washington Vikings at Minnesota Vikings Week 8 game.
Washington Vikings at Minnesota Vikings Predictions
Before we gaze into the crystal ball, let’s take a look at each team and their players’ stats:
- The Washington Redskins are coming into this match with a 1-6 record.
- Redskins QB Case Keenum was 9/12 77 yards in the loss against the 49ers while RB Adrian Peterson rushed for 81 yards on 20 carries. He did lose a fumble while playing the 49ers.
- This season, Keenum has thrown for 1,213 yards on 114 of 172 pass attempts. He has a TD/INT ratio of 9/4.
- Wide receiver Terry McLaurin has totaled 419 yards receiving and 5 touchdowns this season.
- The Redskins were out gained by the 49ers 283 to 154.
- In their last game, they committed 7 penalties versus 2 by the 49ers.
- The Redskins are entering with a thinned-out line-up. Seven players didn’t practice on Tuesday.
- The Vikings are having a good season, entering their match against Washington with a 5-2 record.
- In their victory against the Detroit Lions, Vikings QB Kirk Cousins was 24/34 for 337 yards and 4 touchdowns. Throughout the season, Cousins threw for 1,711 yards and has 13 touchdowns
- Out in the backfield, RB Dalvin Cook did his part rushing 142 yards on 25 carries and scored 2 touchdowns. His season total for rushing touchdowns is 8 so far.
- The Vikings also managed to out gain the Lions 503-433 in the turnover free game.
- However, they may be playing without WR Adam Thielen who’s out with a hamstring injury.
Considering the fact that Washington hasn’t scored more than 17 points in any of it’s last five games, we’re not banking on impressive scoring.
- Moneyline: the Minnesota Vikings are between -1100 and -1400 which isn’t worth the investment. Alternatively, there’s the Redskins with +650 but with their only win being against the dismal Miami Dolphins, that isn’t much to go on.
We recommend going for the Vikings and a large home spread. Keenum’s return to Minnesota just may not be enough for the Redskins to win or cover. Our final score prediction is a Vikings win and cover 35-14.
Redskins at Vikings Odds
Here are the Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings odds from our top sports betting sites.
|Washington Redskins||+16.5 (-108)||+16.5 (-108)||+16.5 (-105)||+16.5 (-105)||+16.5 (1.90)||+16.5 (-105)|
|Minnesota Vikings||-16.5 (-112)||-16.5 (-112)||-16.5 (-115)||-16.5 (-115)||-16.5 (1.90)||-16.5 (-115)|
|Washington Redskins||Ov 42 (-112)||Ov 42 (-112)||Ov 42 (-110)||Ov 42 (-115)||Ov 42 1.90||Ov 42 (-110)|
|Minnesota Vikings||Un 42 (-108)||Un 42 (-108)||Un 42 (-110)||Un 42 (-105)||Un 42 1.90||Un 42 (-110)|
Watch the Week 8 game preview:
Latest US sports news: