Basketball Betting in the US
Not only is basketball betting one of the largest betting markets in the US, it is also the easiest sport to bet on. Also, it is a highly rewarding hobby or profession that makes watching a game more exciting and engaging.
The best thing you can do for yourself is to do your research and learn as much as you can about it before jumping straight in. BestUSSportsBetting.com has come up with a comprehensive guide to help you with all your basketball betting needs. Learn all you need to know about basketball bets and tips, betting on the world’s most popular basketball league – the NBA – and the college basketball league – the NCAAB. Also, find the best US-friendly sportsbooks for betting on basketball.
Top Basketball Betting Sites
Below are our recommended sportsbooks where you’ll find the best betting markets for basketball.
What you’ll find in basketball betting guide:
There are different kinds of basketball betting options available to US bettors. Knowing which ones to use is an important part of betting on basketball. So, learning which ones you have available, and when to use them, is crucial if you want to master betting. Below are some of the bets available on basketball. Then, we’ll look at betting on the NBA and the NCAAB.
Here are some of the bets you can place on basketball:
- Point Spreads: this bet is about predicting which team wins and which one loses. But sportsbooks even the playing field by removing starting points for the strongest team, and giving starting points to the underdog team. So, in a match up, you’ll find the favorite team to win will have a minus sign after their name. While the underdogs have a plus sign after their name. The favorite has to win by more than the given point in order for bets on them to pay out. And, the underdog has to win or draw in order for bets on them to win. In point spreads, the underdog pays out the most.
- Basketball Betting Moneyline: this one is about predicting who will win the game. Again, the team with the low odds is the favorite to win the game.
- Total Basketball Betting: commonly known as the over/under bet. It predicts the total score for both teams playing. The sportsbook will set the estimated score total. You, as the bettor, will bet on whether the score will be higher or lower than the estimate.
- Props Bet: also known as the proposition bet, this one is a favorite among basketball bettors. You bet on what will happen to the team or a specific player during a game.
Check out our guides on basketball leagues to bet on:
Tips for Betting on the NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) League is the most popular basketball league in the world. Also, it takes the spot in the top four biggest sports leagues in America.
- Any sportsbook worth your time will have an NBA betting market with all the different betting lines you can expect to find. After all, it is a very lucrative market.
- Bettors should be on the lookout for the best odds and promotions related to the NBA.
- Finally, it’s very important to do your research thoroughly so that you can make the best choices.
Tips for College Basketball Betting – Bet on the NCAAB
National Collegiate Athletic Association Basketball (NCAAB) is the biggest college basketball league in America. Its March Madness tournament attracts thousands of basketball betting enthusiasts and exchanges billions of dollars every year.
- Some bets can be made throughout the year but the biggest draw comes with its yearly tournament in March.
- Again, to ensure that you have a great time, do your research and keep an eye on NCAAB betting trends to know how to structure your bets.