In tonight’s NBA match up that we’re keeping an eye on, it’s the Memphis Grizzlies at New York Knicks. The Grizzlies are travelling to Madison Square Garden, New York with a two-game winning streak. In their last game, the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Phoenix Suns 109-114. So far, their record for the season is 22-24, which is pretty tight.
On the other hand, the New York Knicks are also coming off a 97-110 win against the Brooklyn Nets. However, the game was marred by the news of basketball legend Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna. The win for the Knicks snapped their two-game losing streak. They’re coming into the game against Memphis on a season record of 13-34.
Memphis Grizzlies at New York Knicks Predictions
Before we gaze into our crystal ball, let’s take a look at some key stats about each team.
Memphis Grizzlies Stats
- Currently, Memphis is sitting at number three in the Southwest Division, at number eight in the Western Conference, and 14th in the NBA.
- Looking at their offensive categories, the Grizzlies are averaging 113.5 points per game, ranking them 8th in the league. They have a scoring margin of -2.4 and their shooting percentage is sitting at 47%, which ranks them 6th in the NBA.
- They have a good average three-pointer shooting percentage of 36%, ranking them 11th in the league.
- The Memphis Grizzlies are excellent when it comes to their passing game, averaging 27.8 assists per game. They rank number 1 in the NBA for this. In terms of rebounds, they average 45.6 per game, ranking them 14th.
- They make 15.6 turnovers per game, which ranks them 5th in the league.
- Now, looking at their defensive performance, the Memphis Grizzlies allow 115.8 points per game, which ranks them 27th in the NBA. In terms of shooting percentage allowed, they let in 46% of shots and 37% of those are from behind the arc. They rank 17th and 25th
- The Grizzlies allow an average of 44.5 rebounds per game (rank 12th) and 24.9 assists per game (rank 22nd).
- Finally, they force 14.7 turnovers per game, which ranks them 16th in the NBA.
New York Knicks
- The New York Knicks rank last in their Atlantic Division, 13th in the Eastern Conference, and 27th in the NBA.
- In the offensive categories, the Knicks rank 28th in the league for points scored with an average of 104.3 points per game. Their shooting percentage is at 44%, which ranks them 26th, and they shoot 34% of the time from the three-point line, which ranks them 25th in the league. Their score margin is at -7.5.
- Their assist game isn’t that strong. New York averages 21.2 per game, ranking them 29th in the league. They rank 6th in the NBA in rebounding with 46.2 boards per game.
- Lastly, they make 14.1 turnover per game, ranking 22nd in the league.
- Looking at their defensive performance, the Knicks allow in an average of 111.8 points per game, ranking them 18th in the NBA.
- In terms of shooting percentage, they allow 46% and an average of 39% three-pointers. This ranks them 19th and 30th
- The New York Knicks allow 24.4 assists per game (rank 15th) and 46.0 rebounds (rank 18th).
- Finally, they force an average of 14.0 turnovers per game which ranks them 9th in the league.
So, with all that said, who will we be backing in this Memphis Grizzlies at New York Knicks showdown?
Firstly, the Grizzlies’ offense has been great this season and this is in large part thanks to Ja Morant and his passing game. However, we don’t see the Knicks being able to push forward, especially without rookie RJ Barrett who’s out with an ankle injury. We see Memphis extending its winning streak to three tonight.
Our pick: Memphis Grizzlies Spread bet
Grizzlies vs Knicks Odds
|New York Knicks||+110||+110||+110||+120||–||+110|
|Memphis Grizzlies||-2 (-110)||-2 (-110)||-2 (-110)||-3 (-110)||–||-2 (-110)|
|New York Knicks||+2 (-110)||+2 (-110)||+2 (-110)||+3 (-110)||–||+2 (-110)|
|Memphis Grizzlies||Ov 224.5 (-110)||Ov 224.5 (-110)||Ov 225 (-110)||Ov 224.5 (-110)||–||Ov 224 (-115)|
|New York Knicks||Un 224.5 (-110)||Un 224.5 (-110)||Un 225 (-110)||Un 224.5 (-110)||–||Un 224 (-105)|
Watch highlights from the last time the Knicks and Grizzlies met on the court.