It’s a Western Conference match up tonight with the Los Angeles Lakers at Denver Nuggets. The Los Angeles Lakers come into the game off a loss against the Dallas Mavericks, ending their 10-game winning streak. They lost 114-100, and now their record sits at 17-3. They’ll be playing the Nuggets at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado.
The Lakers offense was led by Anthony Davis who recorded a double-double in the game. He had 27 points and 10 rebounds. In their game against the Mavericks, they shot 46% from the floor and 26% of their point in that game from the 3-point line. They were out matched by Dallas when it came to shooting from the arc, with the Mavericks making 17 while the Lakers made a paltry 7. Furthermore, they were also out rebounded with Dallas recording 60 to the Lakers’ 50.
The Denver Nuggets also come into this game off a defeat. They lost to the Sacramento Kings 100-97, putting their record at 13-4. Offensively, the Nuggets were led by Gary Harris. He made 8 out of 16 shots from the floor and 5 of 6 from the foul line totaling 25 points. In terms of shots from the floor, the Nuggets did better than the Kings, making 41% vs. the 38% by Sacramento. However, Denver were out rebounded by the Kings 63 to 57 and gave up 13 offensive boards to the Kings.
Let’s take a look at some key team statistics.
Los Angeles Lakers at Denver Nuggets Predictions
Before we go ahead with our prediction and pick, let’s look at some team stats to see how the Los Angeles Lakers at Denver Nuggets fairs up on paper.
Los Angeles Lakers Stats
- The Lakers have a 17-3 record and recently suffered their first loss following a 10-game winning streak.
- They rank 12th in the NBA for average points per game. They generally score 112.2 points.
- Their average score margin and shooting percentage are at 8.2 and 48% respectively. This puts them 1st in the NBA.
- Los Angeles comes in at 13th position for 3-point shooting, making shots from the deep 36% of the time.
- Offensively, the Lakers average 44.9 boards per game and 26.6 assists per contest. This ranks them 18th and 4th in the league respectively.
- Defensively, they let in 104.1 points per game which means their defense ranks 3rd in the NBA.
- This sets their shooting percentage surrendered at 44% and allows 3-pointers 34% of the time. This ranks them 7th and 6th in the league.
- Against the Lakers, opponents average 43.0 rebounds – rank 6th – and 23.3 assists per game which ranks them 10th.
- Lastly, the Lakers rank 29th in the NBA, forcing 17.0 turnovers per game.
Denver Nuggets Stats
- The Nuggets have a 13-4 record and their six-game winning streak was interrupted last week by the Sacramento Kings.
- They are 24th in the NBA in terms of point per game, which sits at 106.7 points.
- Denver has a 45% shooting percentage and an average scoring margin of 4.94, ranking them 21st in the league.
- Their rebounding game is solid, recording 47.6 boards per game (ranked 5th) and are 6th in the league for assists per content with 25.9.
- The Nuggets rank 25th with 14.1 turnovers per game.
- Defensively they tend to give up around 101.8 points per game, ranking them 1st in the NBA. Denver surrenders a 43% shooting percentage and a 31% average from the 3-point range. This ranks them 1st and 3rd
- They surrender an average of 24.0 assists per game (rank 15th) and 45.2 boards per game (rank 13th).
- They rank 10th in the NBA with 14.7 turnovers per game.
Historically, the Los Angeles Lakers have lost eight of their last 10 visits to Denver. Furthermore, the Lakers haven’t been doing well ATS in their last seven games, recording 2-5. The Nuggets are strong when playing at home and have a solid 4-1 ATS in their last five home games. We’re gonna go with the Nuggets, although the Lakers could surprise us.
Our pick: Denver Nuggets Spread Bet
Lakers at Nuggets
|Los Angeles Lakers||+110||+110||+110||Even||–||+110|
|Los Angeles Lakers||+2 (-105)||+2 (-105)||+2 (-115)||+2 (-115)||+2 (-110)||+2 (-115)|
|Denver Nuggets||-2 (-115)||-2 (-115)||-2 (-105)||-2 (-105)||-2 (-110)||-2 (-105)|
|Los Angeles Lakers||Ov 208.5 (-110)||Ov 208.5 (-110)||Ov 208.5 (-110)||Ov 209 (-105)||–||Ov 208.5 (-110)|
|Denver Nuggets||Un 208.5 (-110)||Un 208.5 (-110)||Un 208.5 (-110)||Un 209 (-115)||–||Un 208.5 (-110)|
Watch highlights from the last time it was Los Angeles Lakers at Denver Nuggets.
For more of the latest on US sports, keep it here at BestUSSportsBetting.com.