Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs Predictions & Odds 1/19/20
On Sunday night’s AFC Conference Championship Game, it’s the Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs. The Titans are travelling to the Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri with a 9-7 record. They’re coming off a 28-12 win against the Baltimore Ravens in their AFC divisional round playoff game. Running back Derrick Henry has become quite the force in Tennessee. He’s led the NFL in rushing during the regular season and rushed for 195 yards in their game against Baltimore.
In this postseason, Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill has thrown for 160 yards, made three touchdowns, and one interception. In the Titans’ two playoff games, he’s had to throw only 29 passes. Henry has been a boon in the backfield, rushing for 377 yards with an average of 5.9 yards per carry, and made one touchdown. Leading receiver Kalif Raymond has one reception for 45 yards and one touchdown.
On the other side of the field, the home team Kansas City Chiefs have a 12-4 record. They are also coming off a victory against the Houston Texans, coming from behind to win 51-31 in their AFC divisional playoff. Quarterback Patrick Mahomes led the Chiefs to victory with 320 yards passing and five touchdowns. He was particularly lethal against the Texans with 53 yards on seven carries. Mahomes has also been leading with rushing in the postseason with 53 yards, while Kansas running back Damien Williams rushed for 47 yards and made two touchdowns. Leading receiver in the Chiefs is Travis Kelce who has 10 receptions for 134 yards and made three touchdowns.
Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs Predictions
Let’s take a look at how each team has been doing in terms of stats before we make our pick.
Tennessee Titans Stats
- In terms of winning percentage, they currently rank 2nd in the AFC South Division, 6th in the AFC Conference, and 12th in the league.
- Tennessee’s away record is 5-3.
- Offensively, the Titans cover 572 yards or 286.0 yards per game. They rank 3rd in postseason.
- The Titans rank 3rd for points scored in the postseason. They’re currently sitting at 48 points, scoring 28.0 points per game.
- In terms of passing, they make 154 yards (77.0 per game), which ranks them 11th in the postseason NFL standings.
- When it comes to offensive rushing yards, Tennessee leads the postseason with 418 yards, which equals 209.0 per game.
- Defensively, the Titans are sitting at number 11 for total yards allowed which total 837 yards or 418.5 per game.
- They also rank 11th for passing yards allowed at 554 yards, allowing 277.0 yards per game.
- Their defense against rushing lines ranks them 10th in the postseason league with 283 yards or 141.5 yards per game.
- Lastly, Tennessee is 6th in the league in terms of points allowed – 25 points – which translates to 12.5 points per game.
Kansas City Chiefs Stats
- Looking at their winning percentage, the Chiefs are 1st in the AFC West Division, 2nd in the AFC Conference, and 5th in the NFL.
- In terms of their offensive total yards, Kansas City ranks 6th in the league with 434 yards.
- Their passing offense covers 316 yards, which currently ranks them 5th in the league.
- With their rushing yards, the Kansas City Chiefs are 9th in the league with 118 yards.
- Finally, in they’ve scored a total of 51 points, which puts them at number 2 in the NFL. Note that the Chiefs have only played one game so far.
- Now, looking at their defense, their total yards held back are at 442 yards, which ranks them 8th in the league.
- With passing yards, defensively, the Kansas City Chiefs rank 8th with 348 yards.
- In terms of holding off the rushing line, the Chiefs rank 3rd in the NFL allowing only 94 yards.
- Lastly, the Chiefs have allowed 31 points, which ranks them 9th in the league.
Both teams are at the top of their game currently, and the last time they played each other was in Week 10 of the NFL. The Titans walked away the winner. However, it was a very close game with a final score at 35-32. But now the Chiefs have been proving themselves unstoppable with a decisive win against the Texans (although it first looked like they were doomed).
The combo of Mahomes and Kelce on offense made a huge difference for the Chiefs in Sunday’s game against the Texans. We think that they will make it difficult for Tennessee, especially if they continue with their one-dimensional running game.
Our pick: Kansas City Chiefs Spread bet
Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs Odds
|Kansas City Chiefs||-350||-350||-335||-330||-340||-335|
|Tennessee Titans||+7.5 (-120)||+7.5 (-120)||+7.5 (-125)||+7.5 (-115)||+7 (-110)||+7.5 (-125)|
|Kansas City Chiefs||-7.5 (+100)||-7.5 (+100)||-7.5 (+100)||-7.5 (-105)||-7 (-110)||-7.5 (+100)|
|Tennessee Titans||Ov 53 (-108)||Ov 53 (-108)||Ov 53 (-115)||Ov 53 (-115)||Ov 53 (-110)||Ov 53 (-115)|
|Kansas City Chiefs||Un 53 (-112)||Un 53 (-112)||Un 53 (-105)||Un 53 (-105)||Un 53 (-110)||Un 53 (-105)|
Catch highlights of the Week 10 NFL game where the Tennessee Titans beat the Kansas City Chiefs 32-35.
Find the Best USA Odds Here
Place your bets on the Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs at our top sportsbooks.