San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat Preview, Predictions & Odds 1/15/20
In tonight’s interconference matchup, it’s the San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat. The Spurs are going to the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida with a 17-21 record. Even though that may not look good, San Antonio has been improving over the season. They’re coming into their game against the Heat off a win against defending champions, the Toronto Raptors. Furthermore, they’ve won three of their last four games. They also still have a chance for the Western Conference playoffs.
On the other hand, Miami Heat are coming into their game against the Spurs with a 27-12 record and have been one of the biggest surprise teams of the NBA. However, they are coming off of a two-game losing streak against the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks, and a loss to the Knicks should always be a cause for concern.
San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat Predictions
Before we make our predictions, let’s take a look some key team stats.
San Antonio Spurs Stats
- Overall, they rank 4th in the Southwest Division, 9th in the Western Conference, and 17th in the league.
- The San Antonio Spurs allow in an average of 115.0 point per game, ranking them 26th in the NBA.
- They allow a 46% shooting percentage and 36% of their opponents’ goals from the three-point line, placing them 19th and 20th
- Against the Spurs, opponents average 45.7 rebounds (ranks 16th) and they surrender 25.6 assists per game, ranking hem 27th in the NBA.
- Lastly, they force 12.5 turnovers per game.
- In terms of offense, San Antonio averages 113.9 points per game, ranking 6th in the NBA.
- Additionally, they have a 47% shooting percentage which is the 3rd best in the league.
- 37% of their points are scored from behind the arc, placing them 5th in the league.
- In terms of rebounds and assists per game, the Spurs average 46.7 and 24.7 respectively. This ranks them 6th and 12th in those categories.
- Finally, with turnovers, they make 13.2 per game which ranks 26th.
Miami Heat Stats
- The Miami Heat overall ranks 1st in the Southeast Division, 3rd in the Eastern Conference, and 6th in the NBA.
- Defensively, the Heat gives up 108.0 points per contest, ranking them 12th in the league.
- They allow a 45% shooting percentage and let in 33% of shots against them from beyond the arc. This ranks then 9th and 2nd in the league respectively.
- Miami ranks 16th with 24.2 assists allowed per game and 2nd in terms of rebounds given up at 41.7.
- They force around 13.9 turnovers per game, which ranks them 7th in the NBA.
- Offensively, the Heat scores 111.7 points per game, ranking 11th in the league.
- Miami’s shooting percentage ranks them 4th in the league (at 47%) and they shoot three-pointers 38% of the time which put then 2nd in the league.
- Their average rebounding and assisting stats sit at 45.4 and 25.1 respectively. This ranks them 17th and 10th in the NBA.
- Lastly, they are 4th in turnovers per game with 16.0.
With Miami not having a great road trip, we’re sure that they’ll be focused back at home. Even though San Antonio is playing better, we’re not sure if they’ll have enough left in them on their last leg of their four-game trip to get past Miami’s defense.
Our pick: Miami against the spread bet
Spurs vs Heat Odds
|San Antonio Spurs||+190||+190||+185||+185||–||+185|
|San Antonio Spurs||+5.5 (-115)||+5.5 (-115)||+5 (-110)||+5.5 (-115)||+5 (-110)||+5 (-110)|
|Miami Heat||-5.5 (-105)||-5.5 (-105)||-5 (-110)||-5.5 (-105)||-5 (-110)||-5 (-110)|
|San Antonio Spurs||Ov 222 (-110)||Ov 222 (-110)||Ov 222 (-110)||Ov 222 (-110)||–||Ov 222 (-110)|
|Miami Heat||Un 222 (-110)||Un 222 (-110)||Un 222 (-110)||Un 222 (-110)||–||Un 222 (-110)|
Looking forward to seeing the San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat? Watch highlights from when San Antonio played against Miami.