In tonight’s NBA it’s the San Antonio Spurs at Orlando Magic. In this inter division match up – Spurs are from the Southwest while Magic is from the Southeast – each team couldn’t have a more different run up to this game.
San Antonio will be playing at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida. They are coming into the game off a 129-114 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. The last game was led by DeMar DeRozan for the Spurs. He was 12 of 18 from the floor, having a total of 27 points. In second place is LaMarcus Aldridge who had 23 points, with 10 of 16 attempts from the floor. Additionally, the San Antonio Spurs struggled with their 3-point shooting against the Timberwolves, making 17% (3 of 17) from distance. On the other hand, Minnesota made 11 of 34 (32%) 3-point shots in the Spurs’ defense.
Orlando Magic comes into the game after a stellar performance against the Philadelphia 76ers, winning 112-97. The star player in that game was Nikola Vucevic who was 11 of 18 from the floor, scoring 25 points. He also had 12 rebounds. In their game against the 76ers, Magic shot 44% from the floor and 31% from the arc.
San Antonio Spurs at Orlando Magic Predictions
Let’s take a look at some key team stats first.
- Their season record is 5-6.
- San Antonio ranks 11th in the league for scores per game. Currently they average 112.4 points per game.
- They have an average scoring margin of -1.8, and a shooting percentage of 46%; ranking them 10th in the NBA.
- For a team that’s 19th in the NBA, they have a pretty good 3-point shooting percentage of 34%.
- Offensively, they average 48.5 boards per game and 24 assists per game, ranking them 4th and 16th in the league.
- Defensively, San Antonio allows 114.2 points per game, placing them at no. 23 in the league.
- Additionally, they surrender a 48% shooting percentage and a 36% average 3-point range placing them 26th and 19th in the NBA respectively.
- The Spurs force 12.6 turnovers per contest which puts them 1st in the NBA.
- Injury report: all players on the roster are good to go.
- Their season record is at 4-7.
- Orlando nets 99.4 points per game, ranking them 30th in the NBA.
- Their shooting percentage is at 42% (29th in the league) while their scoring margin is at 0.27.
- For a team that’s 30th in the NBA, they have a good beyond the arc shooting percentage of 29%.
- In terms of their offense performance, they’re 9th and 22nd in the NBA respectively with 47 boards per contest and 22.4 assists per game.
- Defensively, Magic gives up an average of 99.1 points per game which put them 1st in the NBA.
- Opponents manage to get a 43% shooting percentage and a 32% 3-point shooting percentage against Orlando. This ranks them 8th and 5th in the league respectively.
- Finally, in terms of turnovers forced, they’re 4th in the league with 14.4 per game.
- Injury report: no players are out on injury tonight.
Considering that Orlando Magic just came off a decisive win against a strong 76ers team, and they’re playing at home, Magic might just have the upper hand in this game. The Spurs are sliding, having lost five of six games. Furthermore, they have a defense that ranks at the bottom while Orlando’s offense ranks 30th in the league and they give up the fewest points per game. Additionally, the Spurs have been notoriously bad at covering the spread.
Our pick: We’re going with Orlando Magic. You won’t get much with a moneyline wager so bet ATS.
Spurs at Magic Betting Odds
|San Antonio Spurs||+145||+145||+140|
|San Antonio Spurs||+3.5 (-110)||+3.5 (-110)||+3.5 (-110)||+3.5 (1.90)||+3.5 (-110)||+3.5 (-110)|
|Orlando Magic||-3.5 (-110)||-3.5 (-110)||-3.5 (-110)||-3.5 (1.90)||-3.5 (-110)||-3.5 (-110)|
|San Antonio Spurs||Ov 212 (-110)||Ov 211.5 (-110)||Ov 212 (-110)||–||Ov 211.5 (-110)||Ov 212 (-110)|
|Orlando Magic||Un 212 (-110)||Un 211.5 (-110)||Un 212 (-110)||–||Un 211.5 (-110)||Un 212 (-110)|
Watch highlights from the last time the San Antonio Spurs played Orlando Magic.
Place Your San Antonio Spurs at Orlando Magic Bets Here
For the latest US sports news, keep it here at BestUSSportsBetting.com.