It’s the Dallas Mavericks at Portland Trail Blazers in tonight’s interdivision game. The Dallas Mavericks will be playing at the Moda Center in Oregon, Portland. The Mavericks are coming into this game off of a 110-107 loss against the Los Angeles Clippers. This result snapped their four-game winning streak and puts their record at 27-16. With Kristaps Porzingis off the bench and back on the court, the Mavericks no longer have to rely on just Luka Doncic to score.
On the other hand, the Portland Trail Blazers are coming off a 124-129 win against the Golden State Warriors. They managed to cinch the victory in overtime and it was thanks to Damian Lillard’s 61-point effort that the Trail Blazers broke their two-game losing streak.
Mavericks vs Trail Blazers Prediction
Let’s take a look at some stats before we get into the prediction making.
Dallas Mavericks Stats
- Point guard Luka Doncic is the leading player for the Mavericks, averaging 29.1 points per game. He also averages 9.0 assists per game and 9.7 rebounds per game. He has a free throw percentage of 78% and a field goal percentage of 47%.
- In terms of team performance, Dallas scores an average of 116.4 points per game, which ranks then 3rd in the NBA.
- Their average score margin sits at 7.1 and they have a shooting percentage of 46%, ranking them 14th in the league.
- They make 36% of their three-pointers, which places them at 9th in the NBA.
- Lastly, in terms of offensive, they average 47.6 rebounds, 24.2 assists, and 12.9 turnovers per game. This ranks them 4th, 15th, and 29th respectively in the league.
- Defensively, Dallas allows in an average of 109.4 points per game, which puts them in 13th in the NBA.
- They allow a 45% shooting percentage and a 33% average from behind the arc, ranking 11th and 4th in the league.
- Mavericks opponents average 45.3 rebounds a game, ranking them 15th in the NBA. They also give up 23.3 assists per game, which ranks them 9th in the league.
- Finally, in terms of defense, the Dallas Mavericks force 12.3 turnovers per game, which puts them 1st in the NBA.
Portland Trail Blazers Stats
- Point guard Damian Lillard is the leading player for the Trail Blazers. He has scored an average of 27.9 points per game. He averages 4.1 rebounds per game and has 7.6 assists per game. Furthermore, he has a field goal percentage of 45% and a free throw percentage is at 89%.
- Looking at their offensive performance, the Trail Blazers score an average of 111.9 points per game, ranking them 13th in the league.
- They have a shooting percentage of 45%, which places them at number 22 in the NBA, and they have an average scoring margin of -2.2.
- When it comes to shooting three-pointers, Portland shoots 36% of the time from beyond the arc, which ranks 14th in the league.
- With rebounds and assists per game, the Trail Blazers average 46.1 (rank 9th) and 19.7 (30th) respectively.
- Lastly, they are 28th in turnovers with 12.9 per game.
- Looking at their defensive performance, Portland surrenders 114.1 points per game, ranking them 23rd in the NBA.
- They allow a 45% shooting percentage and a 36% average from the three-point range, which ranks them 7th and 24th
- In terms of assists and rebounds allowed, the Trail Blazers are at 23.7 (rank 13th) and 48.5 (rank 30th) respectively.
- Lastly, they force 12.7 turnovers per game, ranking them 13th in the league.
Even though the Dallas Mavericks lost their last game, they have quite a stellar record on the road of 14-5. Plus, with the combined force of Doncic and Porzingis against the Portland Trail Blazers lacklustre defense, the Mavericks may just claim this one.
Our picks: Dallas Mavericks Spread bet
Dallas Mavericks at Portland Trail Blazers Odds
|Portland Trail Blazers||+150||+150||–||+160||–||–|
|Dallas Mavericks||-4.5 (-105)||-4.5 (-105)||–||-4.5 (-110)||-4.5 (-110)||–|
|Portland Trail Blazers||+4.5 (-115)||+4.5 (-115)||–||+4.5 (-110)||+4.5 (-110)||–|
|Dallas Mavericks||Ov 228.5 (-110)||Ov 228.5 (-110)||–||Ov 229 (-110)||Ov 229 (-110)||–|
|Portland Trail Blazers||Un 228.5 (-110)||Un 228.5 (-110)||–||Un 229 (-110)||Un 229 (-110)||–|
Watch highlights from the last time the Mavericks played against the Trail Blazers.