In tonight’s interdivision match up, it’s the Boston Celtics at Milwaukee Bucks. The Celtics, who are 27-11, won their last game against the Chicago Bulls 113-101. In their win against the Bulls, forward Jayson Tatum led Boston. He made 7 of 17 shots from the floor, 5 free throws, and scored a total of 21 points. As a team, the Celtics shot 47% from the floor and 39% of their shots from beyond the arc. They managed to make 9 three-pointers versus the 6 by Chicago. Furthermore, Boston out rebounded Chicago 50 to 46.
The Milwaukee Bucks’ record is quite stellar at 36-6 after winning 128-102 against the New York Knicks. They were led by Giannis Antetokounmpo who made 12 of 17 attempts, 10 free throws, and a total of 37 points. Additionally, Antetokounmpo made 9 rebounds and 4 assists. As a team, Milwaukee shot 49% from the floor and made 42% from the three-point line. Their defense was pretty strong against the Knicks, holding them to 35% from the floor.
So, who will be the one to win tonight’s game?
Celtics at Milwaukee Predictions
Before we make our predictions for this game, let’s look at some team stats.
Boston Celtics Stats
- The Celtics are currently in first position in the Atlantic Division, 3rd in the Eastern Conference, and 6th in the league in terms of winning percentage.
- They are averaging 111.4 points per game, placing them 14th in the NBA.
- Their scoring margin is 7.1 and shooting percentage is at 46%, which ranks them 16th.
- Boston ranks 15th in the NBA for shooting three-pointers, with 36% of their shots from beyond the arc.
- The Celtics are averaging 45.9 boards per game and make 23.3 assists per game, ranking 11th and 19th
- Lastly, in terms of offensive categories, they come in 22nd in the turnover department with 13.9 per game.
- Defensively, Boston allows in 104.3 points per contest, ranking them 2nd in the league.
- In terms of shooting percentage allowed, the Celtics come in at number 6 with 44%. They allow in 34% of shots from the three-point line, ranking them 9th in the NBA.
- Against the Celtics, opponents tend to average 44.2 rebounds (ranking 9th) and 22.9 assists (ranking 6th) per game.
- Finally, they force 15.7 turnovers per contest, which ranks them 24th in the league.
Milwaukee Bucks Stats
- The Bucks are number one in the Central Division, Eastern Conference, and NBA in terms of winning percentage.
- Milwaukee is also first in the league with 119.4 points per game.
- Their shooting percentage (48%) and score margin (12.62) ranks them 2nd in the NBA.
- The Bucks shoot 35% of their shots from the three-point line. This ranks them 18th in the league.
- In terms of rebounds, they rank first in the league with 51.8 boards per game. They come in at number 7 with 25.9 assists per game.
- Lastly, offensively they are at number 20 in turnovers per game with 14.4.
- Looking at their defense, Milwaukee is surrendering 106.8 points per contest, placing them 9th in the NBA.
- They surrender a 41% shooting percentage (ranking 1st in the league) and an average of 37% of those from beyond the arc (ranking them 21st).
- Milwaukee allows 24.0 assists per game and 46.3 boards per game, ranking 15th and 21st
- And lastly, they force 14.5 turnovers in a game, which ranks them 14th in the NBA.
While the Boston Celtics may be on a great streak, they are playing on the road where most of their success has been at home. Their road record is 11-8 while the Milwaukee Bucks have a 19-2 home record. Boston may have some reinforcement in their offense if Tatum is recovered. Meanwhile, the Bucks have a tight defense and Giannis leading the charge at home.
Our pick: Milwaukee Bucks Spread bet
Boston Celtics at Milwaukee Bucks Odds
|Boston Celtics||+9 (-110)||+9 (-110)||+9.5 (-110)||+9 (-110)||+9 (-110)||+9.5 (-110)|
|Milwaukee Bucks||-9 (-110)||-9 (-110)||-9.5 (-110)||-9 (-110)||-9 (-110)||-9.5 (-110)|
|Boston Celtics||Ov 223 (-110)||Ov 223 (-110)||Ov 223 (-110)||Ov 223.5 (-110)||Ov 223 (-110)||Ov 223 (-110)|
|Milwaukee Bucks||Un 223 (-110)||Un 223 (-110)||Un 223 (-110)||Un 223.5 (-110)||Un 223 (-110)||Un 223 (-110)|
Catch highlights from the last time it was the Boston Celtics at Milwaukee Bucks in October 2019.