Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns Predictions & Odds 11/14/19
In Thursday Night Football’s AFC North match up it’s Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns. The Steelers are heading to the First Energy Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio to hopefully extend their four-game winning streak after defeating the Los Angeles Ram 17-12. With a 5-4 record, they are hoping to make it the Wild Card playoffs with division leaders Baltimore Ravens.
The Cleveland Browns are hoping to maintain their momentum after snapping a four-game losing streak with a 19-16 win against the Buffalo Bills. Winning this game against the Steelers could mean that their hopes for a Wild Card playoff are still in the air. If successful, the only tough competition they have to face in the AFC is Baltimore in Week 16.
So, who will emerge triumphant in the Steelers vs. Browns game?
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns Predictions
Before we glimpse into the future with our prediction, let’s take a look at some key team and player metrics.
Pittsburgh Steelers Stats
- The Steelers are coming into tonight’s game with a 5-4 record and a four-game winning streak.
- In their most recent game against the Los Angeles Rams, quarterback Mason Rudolph made 22 of 38 passes for 242 yards along with one touchdown.
- Wide receiver James Washington led the Steelers in receiving, catching 6 passes for 90 yards.
- Additionally, Jaylen Samuels covered some ground, carrying the ball 14 times for 29 yards. However, he failed to make it to the endzone and score touchdowns.
- While offense played alright, the defense line was the star of the Steelers’ game against the Rams. They allowed a total of 306 yards to LA and only allowed just 88 yards on the ground.
- In terms of the overall team’s rank, Pittsburgh ranks 19th in the league with an average of 21.4 points per game.
- When it comes to rushing yards, the Steelers rank 28th with 288.8 total yards.
- So far, they’ve only allowed 20.1 points per game and an average of 332.2 yards of offense.
Cleveland Browns Stats
- On the other side of the field, the Cleveland Browns have a 3-6 record coming into tonight’s game. They managed to snap their four-game losing streak against the Bills.
- Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield completed 26 of 38 passes for 238 yards and made 2 touchdowns against the Bills.
- Wide receiver Jarvis Landry led in receiving, catching 9 passes for 97 yards and scored one touchdown.
- Nick Chubb was the leading carrier for the Browns, carrying it 20 times for 116 yards.
- The Browns defense allowed a total of 344 yards and 84 rushing yards.
- In the NFL, Cleveland is ranked 26th with 19 points per game. However, they manage to rank 19th with a total yards of offense per game at 348.8.
- The Browns allow in 24.6 points per game and 356 yards of offense.
Looking at these stats, Pittsburgh has a better defense and turnover differential (2nd in the NFL at +13) than Cleveland (their turnover differential is at -8). However, the Browns are stronger at offense and rushing but struggle to put points on the board. While the Cleveland Browns have a stronger home record than the Pittsburgh Steelers’ road record, relying on Nick Chubb to run the ball through the Steelers defense is a long shot. Furthermore, they won’t be leaving the game in the hands of Baker Mayfield.
Our pick: Pittsburgh Steelers win
Steelers vs. Browns Odds
|Pittsburgh Steelers||+2.5 (+105)||+2.5 (+105)||+3 (-125)||+2.5 (-105)||+3 (1.83)||+3 (-125)|
|Cleveland Browns||-2.5 (-125)||-2.5 (-125)||-3 (+100)||-2.5 (-115)||-3 (2.00)||-3 (+100)|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||Ov 41 (-115)||Ov 41 (-115)||Ov 41 (-110)||Ov 41.5 (-110)||Ov 41 (1.90)||Ov 41 (-110)|
|Cleveland Browns||Un 41 (-105)||Un 41 (-105)||Un 41 (-110)||Un 41.5 (-110)||Un 41 (1.90)||Un 41 (-110)|
Watch highlights from the last time the Steelers faced the Browns.
Place Your Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns Bets Here
For the latest US sports news and betting odds, keep it here at BestUSSportsBetting.com.