Western Union is a global money transferring service that you can find in all the major cities of the world. Especially with offshore online sports betting for US bettors, Western Union is the best way to deposit your money safely into your betting account.
Here at BestUSSportsBetting.com, we’ve compiled a guide for American sports bettors looking at betting on sports at US-friendly offshore sportsbooks. Moreover, we’ll be focusing on the ones that accept Western Union deposits. Also, we’ll be looking at exactly how you make a deposit using this service, and what you should look out for when shopping around for a Western Union sports betting site.
Best Western Union Betting Sites
We’ve rounded up some of the best sportsbooks that accept American bettors who want to use Western Union. These sites guarantee a great welcome bonus and other rewards for American bettors.
What you’ll find in this Western Union guide:
- How to Deposit at a Western Union Betting Site
- What to Look Out for at Western Union Betting Sites
- Tips on Getting the Best Out of a Betting Site
While depositing with Western union may be a bit more tedious than, say an e-wallet, your money transfer is safe and secure. To deposit using Western Union, follow these steps:
Step 1: Firstly, sign up or login to your account at your favorite sports betting site.
Step 2: Then, get in touch with the customer support service team and ask them to arrange a Western Union deposit for you.
Step 3: You’ll get the name and location of the person receiving your transfer by the consultant. Usually, online sportsbooks assign a person that receives transfers.
Step 4: You’ll then get a tracking number which you’ll send along with your wire transfer.
Step 5: Go to your nearest office. There the cashier will wire the money, along with the tracking number, to the betting site’s receiver. Most importantly, Western Union will charge a fee for the transfer. Depending on your sportsbook, you may get a refund for fee if you sent a certain amount of money.
Step 6: You’ll get a ten-digit number from the cashier/ Email this number to the support consultant to finalize the transaction.
Step 7: Finally, you’ll receive confirmation from the betting site when they’ve received the deposit.
When doing transfers, there are some things you should note:
- Try request your transfer for during the working hours and working days. Your transfer will be processed a lot faster.
- Some sites can take as long as three days to arrange a withdrawal. To get your winnings, go to the nearest Western Union with the tracking number and transaction number to withdraw it.
Here are a few things you should keep an eye out for when looking for a betting site that accepts Western Union.
- Check if the site has a license. The badges are usually at the bottom of the webpage. The licenses for US sports betting sites are in the jurisdictions of Antilles, Antigua, Costa Rica, Netherlands, and Panama. If it’s not licensed there, don’t bet your money there.
- Secondly, they should have a responsible gambling policy on their site. Along with this, they need to show that they are audited for fairness and they have more than one recognized banking method. These are signs of a good sportsbook.
- Finally, having a good reputation that’s longer than five years is a great indicator of a trustworthy sports betting site.
See our guides for more sports betting banking methods:
Keep these tips in mind when using an online sportsbook:
- Join multiple bookies. This allows you to shop around for the best odds and bets.
- Check the playthrough requirements first before ever accepting a welcome bonus. They some times come with hidden terms and conditions.
- Furthermore, find sportsbooks with competitive lines. Bonuses and promotions can only take you so far. Small differences between these can make or break your bet.